Sunday, December 13, 2009
Christmas Letter
Usually at the start of a Christmas letter is a comment asking where the past year has gone…while it has indeed retreated into the past at warp speed, I have a good idea of what happened in it. If I were to title Christmas letters, I think that this could be called “the times, they are a-changin’!” I am blessed to be able to say that the changes this year have been tremendous blessings, even if at times on the journey toward them I wasn’t so sure.
In February once again I traveled to Guatemala with a team of about 50 other individuals where we spent about 10 days (yes…in the sun…I know—get away from MN winter—so sad!) doing things like building houses, operating medical and dental clinics, installing water filter systems and so on. It was a great experience and I am looking forward to going again this year. While I served on the English education team last year, I don’t yet know which team I will be on this year.
About 5 weeks after returning from Guatemala, I closed on a new house! I know that several Christmas letters have said that “this will be the year I buy a house!” but this year was finally it! J . I am living in a quiet area in Bloomington Minnesota and absolutely loving it. While I don’t have any roommates, it seems like people are showing up on my doorstep on a regular basis—and I love it! You are welcome at any time!
Another exciting change for this year has been my job! I am still working as an Occupational Therapist, however I have switched from working in a traditional/clinic setting to working in Home Health. It takes all of the flexibility, creativity…and driving skills J that I have, but I wake up (nearly) every day excited to start work.
One of the most exciting events this year has been a brand-new addition to the family! On Tuesday December 8th, Bailey Jo (my newest niece) entered the world. She was born weighing 8 lb, 11 oz’s and was 18 inches long, and with blue eyes (that she sometimes opens! J) and a small amount of dark hair. I have been able to meet her, and can say that she is very sweet, loves to be held by her aunt, or her parents or grandparents or older sister or whoever is willing!
Arica is now 8 years old and a third grader at Dilworth elementary. She is adjusting to the role of older sister, and is also a girl scout, and is looking forward to starting swimming lessons this winter. Arica also likes to visit her aunt in the cities (who of loves to have her here!) to do things like go to Twins games, go camping, go to plays and even do some of the volunteer work that her aunt is involved in.
Blessings and Merry Christmas to all! I know that the pace of life is crazy and hurried, and it’s hard to stay in contact with everyone even with all sorts of technology inventions…but I am blessed to count you as a friend or family member—my life is better because of it!
Blessings,
~~Amy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nice updates :).
ReplyDeleteI was expecting something more along the lines of what you used to write for Cynthia, though. Just kidding.